Friday 6 August 2010

The age of Aquarius

I love Hair. I saw a couple of friends in an amateur production a couple of months ago, then as already mentioned in this blog, I saw it with Mum last month. Great, energetic, groovy, full of peace and love show. So I jumped at the chance, when a friend posted on Facebook yesterday that she was going to see it again and would anyone like to join her. Gets to 5pm and I get an apologetic message. She was "feeling a bit nauseous" and couldn't make it after all. Make of that what you will.

So I was not a happy Bunyip yesterday evening. I gave in to an overwhelming urge to spend some money and hit the Piccadilly branch of HMV. Bought Bladerunner, Lady Gaga's album and the Saw box set. (Rubs hands together gleefully.)

Its interesting. When ever I get let down at the last minute, I end up watching horror films. Am a major horror fan. Very cathartic. "I may have been left standing outside the tube station waiting for X who didn't turn up or bother phoning, but hey, at least I'm not being torn to pieces by a werewolf!" I remember when something similar happened on my birthday a few years ago. I went and saw American Psycho at the Ritzy in Brixton.

For some girls its shoes, others manicures, for me, give me a fictional maniac with a chainsaw and I feel better:)

Have a good weekend, whoever is reading this.

Bunyip x

No comments:

Post a Comment