Friday 31 December 2010

Bye bye 2010.

This is me, sat at my desk at work, on the last day of 2010. (Before you feel too sorry for me, my lovely boss has told me I can leave at lunchtime!) Sooooo, 2010. What happened? Lots of stuff.

1, My sister finally got married. Day of great joy, (and fustration down to clutch bag that wouldn't stay shut!)

2, Spent a week in New York, (Concrete jungle where dreams are maaaade of, there's nothing you can't do...) Ahem! Stood on the top of the Rockfeller Centre with my friend, TJ, saw the Tim Burton exhibition at MOMA and discovered the yumminess of BBQ ribs. Watch out Manhattan, I'm coming back!

3, Got Eli Roth and Charlaine Harris's autographs. (Not at the same time!)

4, Went and saw not one, but two great performances of Hair. One of them was with my Mum and I have now danced onstage in the West End:) I'm getting her the soundtrack for her birthday.

5, Discovered and worked with No Logo Productions who I did Mistaken for Strangers with. The character we created, Louise, had really good feedback and I enjoyed playing her. I'm hopefully doing the Buxton Fringe Festival with them next year.

6, With the help of my therapist, I found out a bit more about what makes me tick and how I deal with it.

7, Got upgraded to one of the suites at the St David's hotel in Cardiff. Wow! Wish I could have spent more time there.

Well, those were the highlights. Am not going to think about the lowlights. By the way, I don't do resolutions. I never keep them. I like to take the future as it comes. Hope that we all have the courage to grab great opportunities when they are close to us and to say no when we have to.

Happy New Year from me and my orangutang, Aphrodite who is sat on my desk today.

Love from a hopeful Bunyip. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment