Friday 2 July 2010

Bridesmaid preparations with Mum this weekend

My sister is getting married in September and Mum has come to London for the weekend to take me shopping for bridesmaid stuff. She reckons that the only place we can get it is John Lewis on Oxford St. I quite dislike Oxford St especially when its crowded. Am dreading this. I'm a strange girl who would rather spend her money on books or dvds rather then shoes or handbags.

I don't mind, but I only have the one rented room and Mum snores. She sounds like the Tardis. Normally, being a Dr Who fan, I like the sound of the Tardis, but not materialising continuously at 4am! I've bought wax earplugs. I snore as well, or so my friends tell me when they've shared rooms with me. Many a time, I've been prodded awake or heard their voices calling to me from the depths of my dreams telling me that I'm snoring.

Bunyip is a cuddly toy rabbit with big feet that is co-owned by me and my sister, Elizabeth. She is sat on the side of my bed with loads more cuddly toys that I've collected. I don't know why we called a rabbit Bunyip. It seems to suit her. I know its also the name of an aquatic creature of Australian mythology. My twitter feed is named Bunyip as well. Why Planet Bunyip? I have an overactive imagination and use it to sometimes escape the real world when it gets me down. I was originally going to call this blog, Planet Jen, but Planet Bunyip is more original.

No comments:

Post a Comment