Monday 26 July 2010

Are you lonesome tonight?

I went to the Buxton Fringe Festival on Saturday to see my friend's Alison and Andy perform their play called Are you Lonesome Tonight. Its about a couple "celebrating" their wedding anniversary. As a present to his wife, Dwight has booked tickets for all of Elvis's tour around the US. Little do they know that Elvis is about to leave the building for good!

I like Buxton. Its like a cross between Edinburgh with lots of hills and Bath with its spa connections. It has a lovely park in the middle where Alison and I spent a peaceful hour yesterday morning watching the ducks get fed and trying to recover from the night before. They've invited me to be part of their cast for next year's production. I agreed at once.

Am tired. Don't know whether its a side effect from the pills I'm taking or because I had a busy weekend.

Watched Sherlock last night and loved it. Great casting especially Benedict Cumberpatch, a plot that wasn't predicatable and plenty for Holmes fans. Nice one, Messrs Moffat and Gatiss:)

No comments:

Post a Comment